**Please note, this is not an editorial role. It would most excite individuals with brand-side or B2C experience.**
We're looking for a Brand Copywriter to help us raise the bar when growing the brand presence of Courier media and communicating with our audience about our products and those of our brand partners.
This is a role for a fresh and creative mind with a portfolio that showcases ideas in different formats and strong writing examples. An understanding of the magazine industry would be beneficial, but is not mandatory. We're an agile collaborative business that welcomes new ideas for growth and, this year, we're looking to expand the types of work and media we make.
The Brand Copywriter will work closely with and report to our Creative Partner in the Concepts/Brand Marketing arm of the Studio team, which is headed up by our Creative Director.
A curious individual who can do more than write copy, but can also think strategically about what and how we're communicating, at a junior to midweight level.
You understand concepts and can come up with words that capture ideas that will help sell Courier and partner products, as well as write format-specifically across the different touchpoints of small to medium-sized campaigns.
You'll think and write in original and attention-grabbing ways across print, email, social, occasionally audio and moving image, and any other brand mediums we might develop.
Ultimately, you'll be a key driver in heightening both the commercial and brand equity impact of the work we produce, ensuring our promotional work is as entertaining and enjoyable as the media content we make.
• Be able to nail messaging to reach the target audience while bringing to life and pushing our tone of voice in the marketing space.
• Own all copywriting on customer communications and product launches – predominantly email, website and social media.
• Support the Creative Partner on internal creative briefs from conversations with team members from the product, marketing and brand partnerships teams to generate ideas and concepts.
• Execute effective, on-brand or joint-brand (on brand partner collaborations) copywriting against deliverables coming out of said concepts.
• When necessary, work with the Creative Partner to develop naming, brand identity and positioning for new product launches.
• The ability to think strategically, creatively and originally about Courier's own product offerings, those of our brand partners and how to best promote these to our target audience.
• Experience in producing ideas and copy across a number of formats – with an emphasis on email and social media.
• The ability to understand the visual realm when creating ideas and crafting copy. We're looking for someone who can work with designers to create the best solutions.
• A proven track record of delivering great marketing copy that maintains brand integrity while getting results.
• An appreciation for tone of voice, a love for writing and the willingness to test copy approaches to meet objectives.
• An understanding of and passion for Courier's mission, values and target audience.
If this sounds up your street, send your CV along with why you're the right person for the role, plus any links to your work, a folio or writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the words ‘Brand Copywriter’ in the subject line. You must have a right to live and work in the UK to apply.
Courier is the defining media brand for a new generation who want to live and work on their own terms. We’ve been telling insightful and inspiring stories of modern business through print, podcasts, events and more since launching in 2013. London-based but with an international perspective, our mission is to help you work better, live smarter, be happier.
Courier is an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.