Courier Media is a brand supporting small, passionate businesses. This coffee shop is our flagship site in Hackney aiming to serve and support the local community.
We are looking for an enthusiastic manager with:
• Determination to set and maintain the highest standards of customer service and excellence in coffee.
• An ability to get the best out of people, drawing satisfaction from managing, training and supporting a team.
• Passion for specialty coffee and an interest in our brand, business and impact.
• Enthusiasm to foster and cultivate relationships with our customers.
• An ability to motivate and lead by example, ensuring you and your team have fun at work and are proud of your efforts.
• A proactive approach to look ahead, identify improvements or problems and find solutions.
• Kindness and respect.
• Oversight of all aspects of the coffee shop operation.
• Ensure service standards and customer experience are of the highest standard.
• Monitor and control inventory to ensure stock levels are maintained.
• Manage and maintain healthy relationships with suppliers.
• Identify sales trends and understand drivers.
• Lead and train the coffee team.
• Ensure compliance with food safety regulations.
• Maintain and promote health and safety.
• Assist the team in the smooth running of shifts and provide updates to Courier management as required.
• Experience in a management role, ideally in a specialty coffee environment.
• Experience overseeing shop operations, budgets, ordering and smooth daily operation.
• Experience with end-of-month stock level input.
• Strong communication.
• Teamwork – to empower and nurture.
Send your CV along with a letter explaining why you’re the right person for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Coffee Shop Manager” in the subject. You must have a right to live and work in the UK to apply.
Courier is the defining media brand for a new generation who want to live and work on their own terms. We’ve been telling insightful and inspiring stories of modern business through print, podcasts, events and more since launching in 2013. London-based but with an international perspective, our mission is to help you work better, live smarter, be happier.
Courier is an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.