Courier’s Editor-in-Chief and Managing Director are looking for an experienced and dynamic Executive Assistant to support them both as the business continues to grow. We’re looking for someone who has tons of initiative, is super efficient, friendly and in tune with the Courier way of doing things. This is an awesome opportunity for someone who gets their kicks from being at the core of a fast organisation and who excels at keeping all the plates spinning. You’ll get direct exposure to Jeff Taylor (Founder/Editor-in-Chief) and Cain Fleming (Managing Director) and have a bird’s-eye view as they continue Courier’s rapid and global growth trajectory.
• Help both Jeff and Cain optimise their schedules ensuring they’re focusing on the right things across the week and that their diaries reflect this.
• Collate data and assemble business performance summaries.
• Manage travel bookings.
• Oversee Courier’s office manager and administrative team.
• Monitor news sources and give quick summaries of key story vectors and insights.
• Synthesise and prioritise incoming requests and emails and work to make sure Jeff and Cain are seeing the most important or pressing things during the course of the day.
• Intelligence, pragmatism and common sense.
• Outstanding people skills, a respectful demeanor when dealing with internal and external contacts and a high EQ that makes you a great ambassador.
• Bulletproof positivity even in the heat of things.
• A love for the people, businesses and sectors that Courier features in its output.
• Great taste and a sensibility for what does and doesn’t make it into our world.
• Incredible attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ninja skills on Keynote.
• Maturity and sophistication balanced with an ability to charm, hustle and do what it takes to get things done.
• Great ability to have a laugh and not take things too seriously.
Send your CV along with a letter explaining why you’re the right person for the role – and any other materials you think support your case – to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the words ‘Executive Assistant’ in the subject line.
Courier is the defining media brand for a new generation who want to live and work on their own terms. We’ve been telling insightful and inspiring stories of modern business through print, podcasts, events and more since launching in 2013. London-based but with an international perspective, our mission is to help you work better, live smarter, be happier.
Courier is an equal-opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.