Courier is on the hunt for experienced, detail-oriented and disciplined freelancers to add to its pool of sub-editors to carry out subbing duties and ensure the accuracy of Courier’s various editorial products, in particular our print products.
• Sub-edit and fact check Courier’s copy to house style, working quickly and accurately.
• Technical print subbing experience (5 years minimum) – especially freelancing.
• A strong eye for detail.
• Ability to learn Courier’s house style and maintain quality.
• Flexibility, inquisitiveness, willingness to take direction.
• Superb skills in succinct rewriting, research and fact-checking.
• Must be 100% proficient in the intricacies of Adobe InDesign or InCopy.
Please only get in touch if you have specialised expertise in production journalism. Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the words ‘Freelance Sub-Editor’ in the subject line.
Courier is the defining media brand for a new generation who want to live and work on their own terms. We’ve been telling insightful and inspiring stories of modern business through print, podcasts, events and more since launching in 2013. London-based but with an international perspective, our mission is to help you work better, live smarter, be happier.
Courier is an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.