Workshop is the beating heart of Courier, jam-packed with accessible, educational and useful stories of modern business – everything from how-to guides on coming up with a brand’s tone of voice to case studies on what to do when someone copies your product. Workshop’s goal is to give our readers the practical tools they need to improve the way they run their business.
As a junior reporter, you’ll work closely with Workshop’s editors to help research and write compelling features and support the growth of the Workshop vertical in both print and digital channels. This is an exciting role for someone with an interest in the nuts and bolts of how small businesses operate, keen to enter the media landscape and help build the essential small business resource.
• Assist in the researching and writing of features for Courier Workshop’s print and digital channels.
• Research, reach out to and interview relevant experts and small business owners.
• Keep a close eye on the innovative and original ways that small businesses are solving problems.
• Be across the emerging brands and businesses that Courier needs to be covering – with well-considered ideas on what angles we can explore.
• A degree in a relevant discipline
• Business writing or other relevant editorial experience.
• An interest in the way businesses operate and the practicalities involved in running a business.
• A strong sense of what makes an interesting Courier Workshop story.
• Good knowledge of new brands and trends across sectors relevant to the Courier audience.
• A self-starting personality and an eagerness to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
• Experience conducting interviews, identifying sources and fact-checking.
Send your CV along with a letter (350 words max) explaining why you’re the right person for the role – along with 5 one-liner story ideas for Workshop you'd pitch on your first day – to email@example.com. Please include the words ‘Workshop: Junior Reporter’ in the subject line.
Courier is the defining media brand for a new generation who want to live and work on their own terms. We’ve been telling insightful and inspiring stories of modern business through print, podcasts, events and more since launching in 2013. London-based but with an international perspective, our mission is to help you work better, live smarter, be happier.
Courier is an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.