Courier is on the hunt for a Junior Writer to work across the Editorial team.
The Junior Writer's role will be to devise, research and write compelling features and case studies, and develop engaging and inventive ways to bring this content to life. It's ideal for someone with an interest in, and knowledge of, the small business landscape and the nuts and bolts of how they operate.
One day you could be writing how-to guides on DIY website development; the next you could be interviewing store owners on experiential retail trends; or researching emerging opportunities in the canned drinks category. The role will sit across all of our products and channels (email, print and online) and so requires someone who can adapt their tone and style to fit each medium.
We are looking for someone who's adaptable, a team player and – most importantly – hungry to tell inspiring stories about modern business owners and get to the heart of emerging business issues and opportunities.
The role sits within the Editorial team and reports directly into the Managing Editor.
• Pitching, researching and writing stories across Courier print, email and digital channels.
• Collaborating with the Editorial team and brainstorming for story ideas and various projects.
• Interviewing leading experts and small business owners on a range of small business topics.
• Keeping a close eye on innovative and original ways that small businesses are solving problems.
• Having a strong awareness of emerging trends and leading thinkers in the ways people are improving the way they work, from leadership to productivity.
• Writing and interviewing experience required.
• Enthusiasm, passion and a self-starting personality.
• Curiosity and knowledge of the biggest issues, challenges and opportunities (as well as those under the radar) that business founders need to be aware of now and in the near future.
• A healthy dose of skepticism and the ability to distinguish facts from hype.
• Excellent written English and spoken communication skills.
Send your CV and links to published work, along with a letter explaining why you’re the right person for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Junior Writer” in the subject. You must have a right to live and work in the UK to apply.
Courier is the defining media brand for a new generation who want to live and work on their own terms. We've been telling insightful and inspiring stories of modern business through print, digital, events and more since launching in 2013. London-based but with an international perspective, our mission is to help you work better, live smarter, be happier.
Courier is an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.