Courier is on the hunt for a Production Assistant to work in tandem with the Production Director to create and oversee the production cycles of Courier's digital and print products, adhering to budgets, schedules and quality standards throughout.
To be successful, you'll need to be a quick learner, be comfortable liaising with colleagues across departments and with external suppliers, plus have strong organizational and time-management skills, as well as meticulous attention to detail.
• Assist in the development of production timelines for Courier's print and digital products, and oversee the execution of each step in the production life cycle, working closely with the Production Manager throughout.
• Project manage products to schedule and to a high quality.
• Adhere to budgets and keep track of project costs.
• Keep spreadsheets updated with current project status at all times, and undertake admin and invoicing duties.
• Create and circulate flatplans.
• Work closely with Editorial, Studio and Commercial teams to bring projects to fruition.
• Troubleshoot problems as they arise, understanding when to feed into the wider team to communicate any problem points, and come up with appropriate solutions.
• Manage the production cycle of the bi-monthly magazine and liaise with external stakeholders, such as our printers and repro house.
• Oversee the production of weekly newsletters, website uploads, social media and marketing content, along with other bespoke digital products such as video and podcasts as and when they arise.
• In time, there is scope to work on wider print products, such as books and magbooks.
• Experience working on digital production management is desirable.
• Experience in a print production environment is desirable.
• Experience working with Google Suite.
• Confidence leading team status meetings.
• Comfort working across both short, time-sensitive production schedules as well as longer cycles.
• Flexibility to jump between projects as and when priorities change, and you won't be fazed by the arrival of unexpected projects.
• Strong sense of initiative, problem-solving and the ability to always stay one step ahead.
• A self-starting attitude, with willingness to work both independently and part of the busy wider team.
• The role will require somebody who enjoys working on the minutiae of projects at a granular level, while simultaneously being able to zoom out and see the bigger picture at any point in the production process.
Send your CV along with a letter explaining why you're the right person for the role – and any other materials you think support your case – to email@example.com. Please include the words ‘Production Assistant’ in the subject line.
Courier is the defining media brand for a new generation who want to live and work on their own terms. We've been telling insightful and inspiring stories of modern business through print, podcasts, events and more since launching in 2013. London-based but with an international perspective, our mission is to help you work better, live smarter, be happier.
Courier is an equal-opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.