Courier is on the hunt for a full-time editor to help oversee our growing Courier Life vertical.
Courier Life features inspiring, beautiful, visually driven stories of small businesses, people, places, products and trends in fashion, food, fitness, beauty, travel, home and beyond. In recent issues of the magazine, we’ve covered a female-focused boxing brand in Portland, profiled up-and-coming designers in New Delhi, visited a kitchen knife company in Barcelona, and gone on a food tour of Tel Aviv.
As an editor, you’ll be tasked with brainstorming, commissioning, writing and editing stories, and working closely with Courier’s design team to develop fun, engaging and inventive ways of bringing those stories to life – in both print and digital formats. You’ll also be in charge of curating the selection for our newest section, Catalog, which features beautiful products from small businesses around the world.
This is an exciting role for someone whose finger is already on the pulse of what’s new, fun and fascinating in the world of modern business; who has a passion for telling stories in fresh and innovative ways; and who has deep knowledge and contacts in a broad array of sectors, from food to fashion.
• Obsessively keep an eye on new products, places, businesses and brands in the world of modern business – from fashion and food and drink to travel, home and beauty.
• Brainstorm, commission, write and edit stories for Courier’s print and digital channels.
• Help grow the quality, audience and vision of the Courier Life vertical.
• Oversee the product selection, quality and development of Courier’s Catalog section.
• Work closely with our designers to develop clever and innovative storytelling formats.
• Experience as a reporter or editor in either fashion, food and drink, travel or a related field.
• A strong sense of what makes a great Courier Life story (plus ideas to hit the ground running).
• A passion for keeping on top of new brands and trends in magazines, blogs and social media.
• A black book of extensive PR and brand contacts in a wide number of sectors is highly preferred.
• Superb organisational skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks and projects.
• A self-starting personality and an eagerness to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
• Excellent written English and spoken communication skills.
• Adaptability, a sense of humour and the ability to thrive in a fast-growing media company.
While London-based candidates are preferred, Courier is currently working remotely and candidates located in other cities – or countries – are encouraged to apply. Send your CV along with a letter explaining why you’re the right person for the role to email@example.com. Please include the words ‘Lifestyle Editor’ in the subject.
Courier is the defining media brand for a new generation who want to live and work on their own terms. We’ve been telling insightful and inspiring stories of modern business through print, podcasts, events and more since launching in 2013. London-based but with an international perspective, our mission is to help you work better, live smarter, be happier.
Courier is an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.